All facts at a glance
Every two years in June, the international scientific elite meets in Munich to gather information about lighthouse projects in photonics and laser research. The World of Photonics Congress is held in conjunction with the leading trade show in photonics—the LASER World of PHOTONICS.
Gathering for international photonics research
All aspects of research—from fundamental and application-based scientific topics to the latest laser and photonics applications in industry and medicine—are presented and discussed in scientific conferences and a practice-oriented series of application panels. The latest milestones in photonics research on the one hand, and a concentrated showcase of the photonics industry on the other: This concept allows participants to experience a unique combination of science, innovative technologies and industrial application sectors.
In 2017, 5,600 participants visited the World of Photonics Congress and the practice-oriented Application Panel program at LASER World of PHOTONICS.
Facts and figures
- Next date: June 23-27, 2019
- Venue: ICM - Internationales Congress Center München
- 6 conferences that cover all aspects of photonics research
- 3,000 lectures and presentations
- 8 plenaries and award-ceremonies
- 4,079 congress attendees from 63 countries
- 74 % international share
Key facts about the LASER World of PHOTONICS
- Next date: June 24-27, 2019
- Exhibition venue: Messe München
- 1,290 exhibitors from 42 countries
- 55,000 square meters of exhibition space
- 32,700 visitors from 73 countries
- 16 application panels featuring nearly 100 practice-oriented presentations
- 1,515 visitors of the Application Panel program