June 23, 2014
40th anniversary World of Photonics Congress: The leading event in Europe
To mark its 40-year anniversary, once again the 2013 World of Photonics Congress reaffirmed its position as the leading congress for the global photonics community in Europe. The associations will launch their call for papers for the 2015 World of Photonics Congress in the autumn of 2014.
The World of Photonics Congress celebrated its 40-year anniversary in May 2013 with some impressive numbers:
- 5,000 people attended the scientific conferences and the practice-oriented lecture program that accompanied the leading trade fair LASER World of Photonics
- 6 conferences covered all disciplines, scientific developments, technologies and marketable applications in the photonics sector: Fundamental Science (CLEO®/Europe), Lasers in Manufacturing (LiM), Biophotonics and Biomedical Optics (ECBO), Optical Metrology (OM), Optofluidics (EOSOF) and Manufacturing of Optical Components (EOSMOC)
- 59 sub-conferences
- 2,500 presentations
- 28 plenary presentations, keynotes and tutorials
- 18 joint sessions
- Networking events
- Student programs and career center
- Special events showing leading edge technologies in photonics
- 15 application panels with 95 presentations
- Extremely international: 68% international attendees, 32% from Germany
- Top marks for quality: 97% gave the congress a rating of good to excellent
The World of Photonics Congress is held at the same time as the leading international trade fair LASER World of PHOTONICS, making it the perfect platform to bridge the gap between science and industry and promote an intense transfer of knowledge between research and practical application.
LASER World of PHOTONICS also set new records again in 2013:
- 1,130 exhibitors from 37 countries
- 42,000 m² total exhibition space
- 26,582 trade visitors from 72 countries
The dates in 2015 are as follows:
- World of Photonics Congress 2015: June 21 – 25, 2015
- LASER World of PHOTONICS 2015: June 22 – 25, 2015
Call for papers:
The call for papers starts in the autumn of this year.
Save the dates in 2015 and join the leaders in the worldwide photonics community!